Senior Research Software Developer
Avegant is a well-funded, venture-backed technology company developing next-generation display technology to enable previously impossible augmented reality experiences. We are pioneering innovative hardware and software solutions that will forever change how we learn, play, work and interact with each other. We’ve won multiple awards, our team is best in class, and we’re just getting started.
Avegant is about the journey of innovation, together as a team. Interested in joining us?
Avegant is seeking an experienced Senior Software Developer to be an integral part of our team. The Senior Software Developer will work with our development team and key partners to create apps, tools, and SDKs that enable new augmented reality experiences. We’re seeking someone with a strong and diverse software background, having developed for a variety of platforms. Each of our team members is expected to be flexible, interested in applying his or her existing skills to new areas, and willing to dive in and learn new environments – basically, we’re looking for teammates for whom the “unknown” and “problems” are seen as opportunities! Previous background working with interfacing devices is essential. If you’re interested in building the future of augmented reality, we’re the place to be! This position is located in our Belmont, CA headquarters and is not a remote opportunity.
• Define our common foundational framework for internal and external use
• Work closely with key partners to define technical opportunities and build prototype functionality
• 5+ years’ experience in commercial software development
• Familiar with Unity and Windows software development
• Keen attention to detail, while keeping an eye on the big picture
• Strong desire to learn new technologies
• Excellent written communication skills
• Familiarity with modern graphics pipelines and shader development
• USB device interfacing and experience with USB Video Class a plus
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
Extra Credit For:
• 3D, VR, and SLAM development
• Experience in gaming and software for gaming input devices
• Low-level DirectX, Vulkan and/or Metal programming in C/C++
• An advanced Math degree and/or understanding of math and algorithms used in computer graphics.
• Background in embedded software development